COVID-19 VISITOR RESTRICTIONS
Hospital visiting hours are reduced, in accordance with Queensland Health visitor restrictions whilst balancing the needs of patients and their families/carers with the risks associated with coronavirus (COVID-19).
Hand hygiene, infection control, visitor screening including temperature checks and social distancing also continues, for the safety and wellbeing of everyone at our hospital.
No more than two visitors may visit a patient at any one time, up to two hours daily provided this is within our hospital’s visiting hours – currently:
MONDAY - FRIDAY :- 4:00PM - 6:00PM
SATURDAY & SUNDAY :- 10:00AM - 12:00PM
Children under 16 years of age are now permitted to visit patients in our hospital but are included as one visitor.
For end-of-life patient support, more than two visitors are allowed following approval from the hospital executive manager.
The following Queensland Health COVID-19 restrictions remain unchanged.
Unless you are a patient at our hospital, you cannot visit if you:
- have been diagnosed with COVID-19
- have returned from overseas, interstate (resided, visited or transited through a known declared hotspot in the last 14 days)
- have been asked to self-quarantine
- have had contact with a person with COVID-19 in the last 14 days
- have a fever (37.5 degrees or more) or a cough, runny nose, sore throat or breathing difficulties, loss of the sense of smell or an altered sense of taste.
- Routine health screening remains in place at our hospital entrance, before patients, visitors and any persons wishing to access our hospital may enter.
Should any of the above apply, access will be declined. For further information, please visit https://www.qld.gov.au/health/conditions/health-alerts/coronavirus-covid-19/protect-yourself-others/coronavirus-prevention
Contact tracing for COVID-19
Please visit the Queensland Health website for important information about contact tracing for confirmed COVID-positive cases in Brisbane, including interstate flights:
- VA863 on 21 July 2020
- VA977 on 21 July 2020
- JQ790 on 31 July 2020
For the latest official, updated information on COVID-19 hotspots in New South Wales and Victoria, visit the QLD Health website at:
Thank you for your understanding and continued support to keep our community safe.