Townsville City Council (including Magnetic Island) and Palm Island Aboriginal Shire Local Government Areas (LGAs) have been removed as restricted LGA.
Restricted visiting hours have been reinstated.
In the interests of our patients, staff and doctors, visiting hours are currently:
- Monday - Friday 4:00pm - 6:00pm
- Saturday & Sunday 10:00am -12:00pm
A maximum of 4 visitors per patient is permitted.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR STAFF, PATIENTS AND ESSENTIAL VISITORS:
The following QLD Health COVID-19 restrictions remain unchanged.
Unless you are a patient at our hospital, you cannot visit if you:
· have been diagnosed with COVID-19 or asked to quarantine
· have returned from overseas in the last 14 days (excluding safe travel zone countries)
· have had contact with a person with COVID-19 in the last 14 days
· have visited a COVID-19 hotspot in the last 14 days or since the hotspot was declared (whichever is shorter)
· have visited an interstate exposure venue in the last 14 days
· have been in an interstate area of concern in the last 14 days or since the identified start date (whichever is shorter), unless you fit into one of the categories of people who are allowed to enter a facility with a negative COVID-19 test
· have been tested for COVID-19 and are waiting to receive the results (except for tests due to surveillance testing obligations)
· have COVID-19 symptoms of fever (37.5 degrees or more), cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, loss of smell or taste, runny nose, diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting or fatigue.
If you have any symptoms at all, get tested immediately and quarantine at home until you receive a negative result.
We will continue to closely monitor the evolving situation and follow guidance issued by QLD Health and amend any measures as necessary.
Thank you for your understanding and continued support to keep our community safe.